Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, April 23, 2017

The Joy of Sharing Pastels


Pastel people are the best! I just finished a three day workshop with the Illinois Prairie Pastel Society and I am so inspired and energized!  I am leaving having made some great friends and memories! This was an amazing group of artists! All 21 worked hard and painted with passion and joy!


This pastel society has just over 50 members but it is very close knit and active group.  They have 5 exhibitions each year and have 2 open studio sessions each week where members get together to paint. What a wonderful thing!


I tried to fit as much as I could into the workshop weekend. It was a big 'tasting' event. We tried several ways to start a painting all with the ultimate goal of loosening up. The photo above shows 5 of my demo paintings all 16x20 and 18x24. 


The workshop space was amazing! We had a separate classroom space and a large area for painting. It was a workshop dream come true!  
I head home on Monday to my next big event....daughter Caitlin's wedding on May 5th! 

 
 
 

No comments: